Bumiputra/Caste Certificate: Assam Government has taken initial steps towards digital India by allowing a Caste Certificate Online for the people of Assam for SC/ST/OBC and MOBC people. The Mission Bhumiputra Portal was inaugurated by the Honorable Chief Minister of Assam Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma on 1st August 2022. The Bhumiputra portal was developed by the Assam Electronics Development Corporation Ltd.(AMTRON). Using this portal now you can issue cast certificates to the Scheduled Cast(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST) and Other Backward Classes(OBC) communities of Assam.
Mission Bhumiputra Important Details
Name of the Portal: Mission Bhumiputra
Date of Launch: 1st August 2022
Launched by: Chief Minister of Assam Dr Himanta Biswa
Name of the Certificates that can be Issued:
- Cast Certificate for Scheduled Cast(SC),
- Cast Certificate for Scheduled Tribe(ST) and
- Cast Certificate for Other Backward Classes(OBC)
Apply Link 1: https://bhumiputra.assam.gov.in/
Apply Link 2: https://sewasetu.assam.gov.in/site/service-apply/issuance-of-caste-certificate
Below are the Eligibility Criteria for a Bhumiputra/Caste Certificate-
- The applicant should belong to the Scheduled Cast(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST) and Other Backward Classes(OBC) communities of Assam.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam, India.
- He/she may require a PRC certification to prove his/her residency.
Supporting Documents required for new application
- 1 Applicant’s Photo
- 2 Proof of Date of Birth(One of Birth Certificate/Aadhaar Card/PAN/Admit Card issued by any recognized Board of Applicant
- 3 Proof of Residence(One of Permanent Resident Certificate/Aadhaar Card/EPIC/Land Document/Electricity Bill/Ration Card of Applicant or Parent)
- 4 Caste Certificate of Father OR Recommendation of authorised caste/tribe/community organization notified by State Govt.
- 5 Any other document ( Voter List, Affidavit, Existing Caste Certificate etc. )
- 6 Upload a Scanned Copy of the Application Form
How to Apply for Bhumiputra Cast Certificate Online:
You can apply Bhumiputra Caste certificate only using 2 methods-
Method 1: Using Mission Bhumiputra Portal Via https://bhumiputra.assam.gov.in/
- To use this method you need to create an account and log in.
- Later dully fill up the required information and upload the documents.
- Pay Fee Rs. 30 online and print the acknowledgement receipt.
- You can download the original certificate after 30 days if your application is accepted by the Government.
Method 2: Using ARTPS Portal via https://sewasetu.assam.gov.in/site/service-apply/issuance-of-caste-certificate
To apply Bhumiputra or Caste certificate on the ARTPS portal, you need to
- Click on আবেদন কৰক below জাতিৰ প্ৰমাণ পত্ৰৰ বাবে আবেদন
- Enter your mobile number and the form will appear.
- Enter the Applicant’s name and details.
- Upload documents
- Pay fee Rs. 40 Online
- Print the acknowledgement receipt and keep it for future reference.
How to Track your Bhumiputra Caste Certificate?
- To track Bhumiputra Certificate applied via https://bhumiputra.assam.gov.in/ goto here https://edistrict.assam.gov.in/eDistrict/index.html and enter the application number.
- To track the Bhumiputra caste certificate on ARTPS goto here https://sewasetu.assam.gov.in/site/service-apply/issuance-of-caste-certificate and enter the reference number.