Assam Land Partition (Seperate Patta, বাটোৱাৰা) Apply Online (ARTPS) & Offline

Share this

What is a partition?

Any joint owner of land may apply to a revenue officer for the partition of his share in the land. Partition is either perfect or imperfect. Perfect partition means a division of a revenue-paying estate into two or more such estates, each separately liable for revenue assessed thereon. Imperfect partition means the division of revenue paying estate into two or more portions jointly liable for the revenue assessed there on the entire estate.

Why do you need a separate patta?

Having a separate patta the landholder has many benefits such as he or she have to pay the land revenue (khajana) for only the land he or she is occupying. In a joint patta, you need to pay the land revenue for the whole area of that particular patta no. Secondly, in the case of buy-sell of land, in joint patta, the land owners need consent each time they do a transaction or make any changes like correction, transfer, etc. But in an individual patta, you are free from those hurdles. A Proprietor/ Land holder having a specific share of land in a joint patta may apply for partitioning from the patta and creation of a new patta so that he can pay land revenue independently.

What are the types of partitions?

There are two types of partition:- Office partition and Field partition

How to apply for Partition or separate Patta (Batowara) from existing joint Patta

There are two ways you can apply for a partition in Assam Revenue & Disaster Management-

Offline: Apply in writing to the Circle Officer concerned. Notice will be served to the concerned to claim/object before giving the final order of partition. Citizens may either apply to Lot Mandal or Circle Officer for field partition or office partition.

Online: Citizens can apply online for separate patta on Basundhara Portal or via ARTPS (Assam Right to Public Service) portal.
Follow the below steps to apply online on ARTPS
  • Visit:
  • Then click on বসুন্ধৰা সেৱাসমূহ or visit here
  • Then click on বিবাদহীন বাটোৱাৰা or visit here
  • Then click on পজ্ঞীয়ন কৰক or visit here
  • artps login
  • After that enter your mobile number and click on send OTP.
  • In the next step select the District, Circle and dag number of the land.
  • Now you will see all the pattadar names of that dag number and select the name you want to make a partition.
  • Upload the required documents and apply.
  • Take the acknowledgement receipt and print it out.
  • Submit the acknowledgement to the circle officer or Lot Mondol.

Land Partition acknowledgement

The documents required for filing a property partition are mentioned below:
  1. Identity proof of the applicant.
  2. Jamabandi copy.
  3. Residence proof of the applicant.
  4. Up-to-date land revenue receipt.
  5. User fee (Rs.100 to Rs.2000 depending on the type of partition)

Share this

Leave a Reply