Assam land mutation also known as Assam Namjari is a very important process during any activity related to land. Without it, one can’t prove the ownership of their lands and thus selling that land to another person will become impossible. Assam Namjari or land mutation is basically the process of registering your name in Record of Right so that you can prove that you are the owner of land. So, in this article, we will be talking about how to apply for Assam Namjari or land mutation via online or offline. We will also include the form which you can download and fill up to submit to the Deputy Commissioner.
Different Types Of Land Mutation In Assam
But before we go to the how-to part, let us explain the types of land mutation in Assam. Currently, there are two different types of land mutation in Assam. The first one is Office mutation and the second one is the Field mutation. Below you can see the description of both types of land mutation in Assam.
What Is Office Mutation?
Office mutation is basically when the mutation is done in circle office without any field visit. It is mandatory for areas which fall under the Municipality. However, citizens from rural areas are also allowed to apply for office mutation. During this process, the Circle officer checks if the application is fulfilling all the terms and conditions and then passes the mutation order.
What Is Field Mutation?
Unlike office mutation, field mutation requires a field visit by the circle officer. This is done mainly in the rural areas of Assam. Field mutation does not need any specific forms to be filled up and submitted. Application for field mutation can be easily done in a plain paper with all the required documents attached to the circle officer or Lot Mandal.
Within What Period The Assam Land Mutation Should Be Done
Once you take possession or assumption of charge, the application for mutation process should be submitted within the 6 months time frame. But remember, it is subject to fulfilment of the condition that nobody should file any objection during the proceeding.
How Much Does It Cost For Assam Namjari?
You need to pay the applicable fee for the land mutation process. But this applicable fee differs from area to area. Applicable fee for office mutation in an urban area is Rs 200, and for rural areas, it is Rs 50 only. However, there is no fixed charge for field mutation until now. And the mutation in rural areas sought by way of inheritance is done completely free of cost.
Is There Any Penalty Involved?
Yes! A penalty will be taken place if the mutation is not done within the 6 months time frame from the date of taking possession or assumption of charge. You may need to give a fine of 5 times the registration fee. That’s why you should apply for the Assam Namjari or land mutation within the time frame.
Which Documents Will Be Needed For Land Mutation?
There are two different situations when the land mutation process is required. In each situation, it requires different sets of documents to be submitted during the application Assam Namjari of land in Assam. Below you can see the required documents in both the situations.
If the mutation is sought by the transfer of the land by way of gifting, purchasing, inheritance or mortgaging or if the specified form with required court fee is involved, below are the documents that are required during the application process:
- Xerox copy of the originally registered deed or certified copy of the deed of transfer.
- A copy of up-to-date land revenue receipt or land revenue clearance receipt of the land.
- And affidavit.
On the other side, if the ownership is got through inheritance, the following documents should be attached:
- Affidavit of self-declaration along with the numbers of legal heir of the deceased.
- Death certificate of the deceased Pattadar in whose land mutation it is done.
- Legal heir Certificate.
- Affidavit stating that the land has not been sold or mortgage earlier.
- Up-to-date Khajana receipt.
- Copy of No Objection Certificate obtained from Deputy Commissioner, in case of transfer of land.
- Scanned copy of filled up downloadable eForm with Court fee stamp.
How To Apply For Office Mutation In Assam Via Online?
Applying for office land mutation in Assam via online is very easy through the online Guwahati Municipal Corporation or GMC portal. Below all the steps are described briefly:
- First of all, go to the Online GMC Portal.
- Navigate to the “Services” option from the menu and choose “Mutation”.
- Scan all the documents and store them on the computer for upload.
- Now enter the required details in “Online Mutation Application System” page of the GMC Portal website.
- Choose and upload the documents that are scanned previously from the computer.
- Finally, click on the “Save Changes” button.
- Once you click on the save changes button, a unique application number along with the receipt will be generated automatically, note it down.
- Now enter the reference ID and Amount in Rs and hit the “Make Payment” button and pay the required fee online via Credit or Debit cards, net banking or other available online payment methods.
Once the payment is done, the application will be sent to the circle officer and district commissioner, once the documents are verified, the mutation documents will be issued within a few days.
Download Assam Namjari Form Online
If you are going to apply offline, you will need to download the Assam Namjari or land mutation form online. You can do it by clicking here. After downloading, print it and follow the steps given below to apply for the land mutation in Assam via offline.SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FOR MUTATION
How to Apply For Office Mutation In Assam Via Offline?
Though the online method is very easy and convenient, many of the people are more comfortable with the offline method. That is easy too. You just need to fill up a form and submit it along with the required documents attached. Below the steps are described:
- First of all the landowner will be required to make an application to the circle officer under whose jurisdiction the land is suited.
- Following things should be included in the application form:
- Applicant Details – Name, Father name and Mobile number.
- Address of the owner.
- Patta Number, Dag Number, Pattadar Number Ownership and possession Details.
- An affidavit stating that the landowner does not possess land more than the limit laid down under the Assam Fixation of Ceiling on Land Holding Act, 1956 along with required documents should also be submitted.
- You may also choose any courier service to send these stuff to the concerned office.
- In case of grant mutation, Circle officer need to apply to the deputy commissioner.
- All land related documents will be verified, and the proposed land mutation with the prevailing rules and regulations will be checked by the District level committee headed by the deputy commissioner.
- Once the approval for mutation is accorded, you need to pay the fee.
- Once the payment is done, the mutation document will be issued by the deputy commissioner.
- Also, the circle inspector will make necessary entries in the land records for future requirements.
How To Apply For Field Mutation?
As we mentioned at the beginning of this article, there is no format or form needed for that. You can take a plain paper and write the application for field mutation in Assam. At the time of submitting this application to the circle officer or Lot Mandal in your locality, you need to attach the required documents together.
How To Check The Status Of Land Mutation Application In Assam?
Now you have done everything and submitted all the required documents along with the application. How will you know the status of application? Well, there is also a way available via Online where you can check the status of your application for the land mutation. Simply go to the Guwahati Municipal Corporation portal and navigate to the Track Application Status page from the menu bar. Then enter the application number and fill up the captcha verification and finally click on the submit button to check the status of your application. If the application is processed and the mutation process is done, you can also download the mutation documents right away from there and print it.
Hope this article about Assam Namjari or Land Mutation in Assam has helped you. If you still have any question regarding the same, ask freely in the comment section below.